We have signed a Twin Club Agreement with Rotary Club Cairo Nile Valley in Egypt and henceforth shall be cooperating in so many perspectives; whenever convenient; and whenever possible:
1. Develop friendship and mutual understanding
2. Encourage and organize the exchange of visits
3. Assist Rotarians and their family members to contact/correspond among each other, especially those with same classification, profession, business or vocation
4. Promote fellowship and service through vocational contact, meetings and related friendly activities
5. Joint service projects, whenever possible
6. Initiate steps to strengthen the future of Rotary in respective areas/countries
We shall also be working on friendship exchange, among other things like collaborating on Rotary projects.
On 2 February 2019, we received the Friendship Team from USA at the Rotary House, Chandigarh. The team consisted of 33 Rotarians who were hosted by our members. They stayed in Chandigarh till 5 February.
The team participated in administering Polio drops to children and also painted a slum school. They also visited other projects of the Club and attend the Club meeting on 4 February.
Visit to Burail school
Visiting Rotarians had a first hand experience of our efforts under WINS project at Govt. Middle School, Burail. Students demonstrated the eight steps of hand washing while singing about it, making it a fun activity. The students also gave a dance presentation, as also made the guests dance with them. The guests were also shown a garden developed by students out of waste.
Painting the crèche cum school, Bal Bahar
Members of the Friendship Team painted Bal Bahar in Bapu Dham Colony to gain some hands on experience of helping in one of the projects of Rotary Club Chandigarh. Five rooms of the school-cum-crèche were painted in 3 hours with loads of enthusiasm. Packed working lunch was served during the break by Hot Millions.